I hope your ready for some more Hudson Bay! The Oakland Chunky Crochet Cowl is another quick, one-skein project. Using basic stitches really lets the yarn shine in this crochet pattern.
There are only 9 rounds to crochet in this pattern, so when I say quick, I mean super crazy fast. You could probably make this cowl and the matching hat in one evening if you put your mind to it.
**this post contains affiliate links, if you click through and make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Do you like to crochet patterns in sets?
I do! Not only are they great to wear but I love to give them as gifts as well and with the holiday season coming up we need all the fast, giftable projects we can get.
Don’t miss out on any new crochet patterns, sign up for our email newsletter below!
Just like in the hat pattern I used Lion Brand’s Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Hudson Bay. I love all the colors in this yarn. It’s a mix of red, teal, mustard yellow, navy blue and a dark brown/gray all mixed in a cream-colored base.
View this post on Instagram
Oh how I LOVE this color. 😍 Are you a fan?? . . . #crochetersofinstagram #crochet #lionbrandyarn #igcrochet #bhooked #crochetgram #crochetlovely #crocheter #stitchandhustle #yayforcrochet #crochetgoodness #makersgonnamake #crochetlove #crocheteveryday #crochetlove #crochetallday
- 1 ball Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick (87 yds/5oz)
- 11.5 mm crochet hook
- Needle to weave in ends
Gauge and Sizing
- Gauge: 6 sts x 5 rows = 4 in (pattern for gauge: alternating rows of sc and dc worked in the back loop)
- Finished size: 15 in wide x 7 in tall laying flat
- I use US Terminology
- Ch(s): chain(s)
- Fsc: foundation single crochet (here is a tutorial from Moogly)
- Sc: single crochet
- Dc: double crochet
- BLO: back loop only
- St(s): stitch(es)
- Sl st: slip stitch
- Ch 1 and Ch 2 do not count as a stitch.
- If you want to make your cowl longer or shorter, start with any number of chains.
- This pattern is worked in joined rounds
- Add this pattern to your favorites on Ravelry
- You can find the matching hat pattern here!
- Buy the yarn for this pattern here!
Oakland Chunky Crochet Cowl Pattern
Rnd 1: make 49 fsc. Join to top of first fsc with sl st. (49 sts) *alternatively you may chain 50, sc in 2nd chain from hook and around.
Rnd 2: Ch 2, working in BLO, dc in same st as ch 2 and in each st around. Join to top of 1st dc with sl st. (49)
Rnd 3: Ch 1, working in BLO, sc in same st as ch 1 and in each st across. Join to top of 1st sc with sl st. (49)
Rnd 4-9: repeat rows 2 & 3. After last row, finish off and weave in ends. (49)
Sharing is caring!! Save this crochet pattern on Pinterest.