This hat is worked in rounds from the bottom up using a worsted weight yarn. I chose Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in the color rust so it would complement my stripey cowl. I also added a couple cute wooden heart buttons from my stash to the brim and finished it off with a yarn pom-pom. I think one of those trendy faux fur poms would look really awesome too.
I have had alot of fun putting this collection together for you and I hope you have been enjoying these patterns.
* This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase I receive a small commission that helps me run this site and continue to offer my patterns and tutorials for free.
- Less than 1 skein of Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn ( 3.5 oz/170 yds 100% acrylic) or similar #4 worsted weight yarn
- 8mm/L crochet hook (I like this one.)
- Needle to weave in ends
- Pom-pom maker or Faux Fur Pom: optional
Gauge and Sizing
- Gauge: 5 stitches x 4 rows = 2 inches in the same pattern as the body of the hat
- Finished Hat Measures: 9.5 in wide x 10 in tall
- I use US Terminology
- Ch(s): chain(s)
- Dc: double crochet
- Sc: single crochet
- Sl st: slip stitch
- If you would like to make this bigger or smaller, just crochet a starting chain with an odd number.
- Ch 1 does not count as a stitch
Rnd 1: Ch 47, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Join to 1st sc using a sl st, taking care not to twist row. Use the tail from beginning chains to join the bottom
Rnd 2-4: Ch 1, sc in same st as ch 1 and in each stitch around. Join to 1st sc with a sl st.
Rnd 5-22: Ch 1, (sc, dc) in same st as ch 1. *Skip 1 st, (sc, dc) in next. Repeat from * around. Skip last st. Join to 1st sc with sl st.
On last round finish off being sure to leave a long tail. Thread tail in tapestry needle and weave in and out through the stitches around the top of the hat. Pull tail to cinch closed. Weave in ends.
If desired add a yarn or faux fur pom-pom.
Add this pattern to your favorites on Ravelry HERE!
The next pattern in the Wildwood Collection is a chunky cowl. This will be December’s premium paid pattern but if you subscribe to my Newsletter you will get a coupon code in your email when I release it. The chunky cowl uses the same stitch as the other patterns but I added a fun little twist. You can subscribe to my newsletter by entering your name and email in the box below
Are you enjoying the Wildwood patterns? Is there anything else you would like to see added to the collection?